Thursday, May 21, 2009
And the Award goes to...
ME! Last week I got an award at work... maybe my first award ever! It was an Employee Recognition Award. Employees are nominated by other employees and then a committee picks the winners. I got an award as part of a team that worked on updating our Perinatal Loss program for the Labor and Delivery department. For the past couple of months, we have been updating the protocol and making it easier for the nurses to navigate, updating the resources for patients and their families, and selecting a new and improved system to provide the parents photographs and memorabilia as they go through this tough time. Although the project focused on an extremely sad time in our patient's lives, it was an important one and one that I took pride in being a part of. That is why it felt so great to be recognized for the time and hard work we put in to it. There was a nice ceremony where all the winners were announced and a brief summary of why they were getting the award. We got a nice letter from the CEO of the hospital and money! I was not expecting the money.. I would have been happy with a Certificate! So, to celebrate and use the money on something more than bills, Dan and I went to a nice dinner that evening at Ruth Chris at the Inner Harbor. It was a great way to finish off the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations Girl! You deserve it!
woohoo! You are awesome Sarah! (and YES i read your blog :) Let's get together soon :):)...love mk
Sarah, this recognition is well deserved, as I know how hard you and your colleagues worked on this important project. What a blessing you are to your patients! I would love to have you as my nurse and I know that you continue to make a real difference in the lives of so many. I am very proud of you, as always!! Keep up the good work ;)
Post a Comment